Mr. Pravin Nadgoundi gave a brief presentation on sustainable packaging for the SIES students and other participants of the workshop.
- Relationship between sustainability and packaging – Maximizing social and economic wellbeing with a limited amount of environmental impacts.
- The tradeoffs between unwanted impacts and needed benefits – unwanted impacts like costs, fair labour, toxicity concerns, resource depletion, pollution and waste generation.
- Design strategies for creative packaging with reduced unwanted impacts
- The GPPS metrics that are useful to track improvements in package design
- Tools that are helpful to estimate life cycle impacts
- Relevant regulations and linkages to other initiatives